Saturday, August 28, 2010

let the weekend (at work) begin

The weekend has begun! There is some joy to be found working nights on the weekend. Shall we count the ways? 1. No worries about State coming in for a few days, 2. Fewer chiefs running around, 3. Family members come to visit so happier patients equals happier nurses.4. No Drs making rounds so fewer orders to note. Starting to get my drift? No one likes to work the weekend but we might as well make the most out of it!
So I am nervous about next week. The D.O.Ns have decided it would be in the best interest of the patients to swap halls every 3 months. So all my patients I have worked so hard these last 8 months earning trust and establishing rapport with will get a new nurse and the process will start all over again. I did come up with the idea to write down my patients likes and dislikes, as well as things as simple as who wants a straw and who doesn't. Hopefully this will be reciprocated by the nurse whose hall I will be taking over. Since this is for the best interest of the Residents, then I think instead of complaining how much we dont like the idea should turn into helping make the transition as painless as possible for all involved. And who doesn't like being looked at like Super Nurse because we already can anticipate the patients needs and preferences?
Well, I will give the update on that as it happens. Hope you have a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment