Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back in the groove of things

Well I finally got used to working on my new hall. I have learned to absolutely LOVE it! My new patients are so quiet and content, I just don't know how to act! I am finally used to their meds now and med pass goes smoothly for me. I am learning to step outside of my comfort zone and try new things instead of being so stuck in my routine both professionally and personally. I went shopping alone last week for the first time. It was nice to get out of the house without any kids. It was strange and I had some guilt over it; but I soon got over that!  Our administrator recognized me at our last faculty meeting--for commenting on an article. In his own words "he missed the boat on that one." My friends made fun of me for correcting him on the fact that I wrote the article. But if I'm gonna be recognized at least it can be for the right thing!

This is my weekend off and so far I am enjoying it! Today I have plans of doing nothing and taking all day to do it! I did take pleasure in going outside with the kids and watching them clean the yard and cut the grass around the house so I can use the riding mower on it later when I am ready to get out of the house again. A friend of mine remarked that I shouldn't have to cut the grass with 6 boys and a husband, but I had to clarify that only one that fits on a riding mower at  a time so it is peaceful for me. Plus I know it gets done right. I have seen the handy work of the kids cutting grass and it's not a pretty thing. I am thinking I will go do some grocery shopping and cook something I want to eat today. Since my daughter has been doing most of the cooking after I leave for work; I have been eating a lot of Subway salads.  It will be nice to eat some real food for a change! Well I hope the week goes well for you and me both!

No comments:

Post a Comment