Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Resident’s Perspective on CNA Training

I came across this blog today. I'm not sure how old it is, but it is definitely worth sharing! As a LPN in a SNF, we have all kinds of people working for us and some of the comments in this blog really rang true. Check it out if you get a chance and let me know what YOU think!

A Resident’s Perspective on CNA Training


Now, for me to vent a little. My patient care got called into question this morning. Needless to say it was not true, but that didn't make me feel any better. I personally think that my social skills with my patients is the top skill I possess followed by a close second to Pharmacology. So the longer I thought about it, (I have an hour drive home) the madder I became. I called back to work and talked to my DON who didn't really dismiss me, but basically said not to worry, if anything else came out of it she would talk to me in the morning when I get off work. That is 24 hours and a 12 hour shift from now. I have calmed down considerably, but I see now a major problem with the new hall change. That would be learning to work with new staff that doesn't know me and how I work. The people that have been working with me the past year would have NEVER tried to report this kind of garbage because they knew it wouldn't fly. So now comes the task of trying to look these two people in the eyes and let them know in the most professional way possible that I don't do drama and don't tolerate it from others around me either. I earned the title of being the "bitch" nurse on our rotation because from day one I didn't take bullshit from anyone and didn't accept poor work quality from those under me. Once they figured out that if they just did the job they are supposed to do, they have no problems out of me. Looks like I will have to go back into "bitch" mode once again for the new people working under me. I don't tolerate poor work quality and I don't tolerate people causing drama. If they have time to stand around and make up stories to tell then they aren't giving their patients the quality of care that Resident deserves. Now that I've said my piece maybe I will get some peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment